This policy applies to you (the user) and Trailight (the owner and provider of this website) and sets out the data processing practices carried out by Trailight in relation to your use of this website.
Who are we?
We are Trailight, one of the UK’s most experienced RegTech companies with over 30 years of experience in conduct risk and regulatory compliance.
Our registered office address is 11 Merchant House, Piccadilly, York YO1 9WB
How do we collect information from you?
We collect personal information from visitors to this web site either using online forms, when you e-mail us your details, or when you telephone us. Additionally, we collect non-personal information automatically about your visit to our web site using both Google Analytics and Hubspot.
What information do we collect from you?
The personal information we collect, store and use might include:
- your name and contact details, (including postal address, email address, telephone number, job title, company name)
- information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access them, for instance your IP address and geographical location.
- any other personal information you choose to share with us
How and why do we use your information?
We process personal information collected via this website for the purposes of advertising, marketing, and public relations.
How long do we keep your information for?
We only keep your data for as long as we need it or for any retention periods prescribed by law.
We will retain data provided to us for marketing purposes until you notify us that you wish us to stop contacting you.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
- the right to be informed about the data we hold about you and what we do with it
- the right of access to the data we hold about you
- the right for any inaccuracies in the data we hold about you to be rectified
- the right to have data erased in certain circumstances.
- the right to restrict the processing of the data we hold about you
- the right to transfer the data we hold about you to another party
- the right to object to the processing of your data
Data Protection Principles
Under applicable data protection legislation, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that:
- processing is fair, lawful, and transparent
- data is collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes
- data collected is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- data is kept accurate and up to date
- data is not kept for longer than is necessary
- appropriate security measures are in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, or damage of data
- we will not transfer any personal data outside of the EEA
Trailight may set and access Cookies on your computer.
A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the website that placed it there, not any other sites.
You may delete Cookies; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more effectively.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of services available on the website.
Changes to this policy
Trailight reserves the right to change this policy from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the policy on your first use of the website following the alterations.